Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Gerald Hutchinson (BR360) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Gerald Hutchinson hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me Gerald Hutchinson has not added a biography yet.

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Gerald Hutchinson

Showing 1 - 8 of 8 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

It is what it is...
Jennifer Pharr Davis beat her own women's (supported) 2009 AT thru-hike record by 11 days. She beat the men's (supported) AT thru-hike record of Andrew Thompson by 1 day, 1 hour and 11 min...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Speed Hiker Jennifer Pharr Davis sets Record on Appalachian Trail
August 03, 12:22pm

Same Item, Same result....Next idea?
I had employed this idea with this same tent-stake for the last couple of years, but i bent mine making a leveraging digging motion as the tip got caught under a rock. So I abandoned it, and now...

In Multiple Use Gear » French whipping my potty trowel
April 15, 6:12pm

Take the lead, Bill...
Boyhowdy! on learning to do without creature comforts. When I went to Outward Bound 20 years ago we slept just on plastic ground sheets (summer only). Took some getting used to, but once adjusted...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
April 09, 2:37pm

Affluenza and Cure?
If affluence is a sickness, then what is its cure? Perhaps recognizing the essential "nature" of human beings, most first-order spiritual leaders (Buddha, Christ, Ghandi) said in one...

In Editor's Roundtable » Affluenza: Fact-Heavy Book Carries a Lightweight Message
April 08, 1:06pm

Hard Times require Hard Heads
Possibilities are expanding...and I have to say that I like it. From what I see, XUL is only partly about gear, but mostly about wisdom, judgment and attitude. Whether the adventure racer, the ...

April 07, 9:02pm

Sub 1 limits to performance?
OK, interesting. So it can be done...sounds pretty much fringe, but he said he wanted to push himself. Good for him that he's taking it to the limits! What limits might this place on perfo...

April 07, 12:52pm

Base Weight - Varies By Seasons and Reasons
Interesting thread. Thanks for starting it Ryan. I live in the Southeast and camp in the Blue Ridge and Great Smokies, at altitudes from 1500 ft to almost 7000 ft. I adapt my rig almost every ...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Base Weight poll...
April 07, 12:30pm

Sub 1 lb. XUL : Possible or BS?
I've read at another site about a guy who claims he hiked the entire JMT last August with an 18-ounce kit. (Plus food and water). Claims he had shelter, sleeping gear, and clothing. But ...

April 07, 10:50am

All Reader Reviews by Gerald Hutchinson

Gerald Hutchinson has posted no reviews.