Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

TKB 1979 (ARIZONA1979) - BPL Premium Member

My Locale DESERT SOUTHWEST
About Me I started backpacking a couple years ago with a used JanSport Forsythe. Just recently switched to an REI Flash 45 (3 weekends of use so far).

I do not know if I'll ever be in the true ultra-light category - my pack weight fluctuates between 20-25 lbs., which puts me at 2-3 nights, if water is around.

I've lived in Arizona my entire life & cannot believe how much I have not seen, so I'd like to make up for it. I am also on a learning curve navigating the outdoors, so thought to join for others' feedback & advice.
CityGILBERT
StateARIZONA
CountryUS

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by TKB 1979

Showing 1 - 10 of 64 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Forum » Thread

Re: Solo Pot ?'s
I have the GSI. I ditched the gripper (have small camp towel), cozy & spork (broke after 5 or 6 uses anyway). Using as you describe - heating water, morning coffee. I like the lid both as a ...

In GEAR » Solo Pot ?'s
June 02, 9:16pm

Re: Re: Re: Re: Hikers shot and robbed in California (risk assessment)
"Example of flawed logic: We ride dangerous cars everyday. People rarely get shot on hiking trails. Hence you are safe on the trail, and on airplanes." Roger Dodger - agreed. Pro...

In General Lightweight Backpacking Discussion » Hikers shot and robbed in California
May 23, 12:42am

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I'm afraid
I like the ... enthusiasm. :) Don't get offended or annoyed by the chaff stuff, but get to read things like: "But I'm ok with viral testing on monkeys because they are annoying and...

In Chaff » Hobby Lobby has good selection of 550 cord
May 21, 8:16pm

CORD MORON
"Also, I can't speak for the stuff at Hobby Lobby but the paracord issued in the military is actually 225lb tensile strength, not 550. Real 550 cord, at least the stuff I've used for s...

In Chaff » Hobby Lobby has good selection of 550 cord
May 21, 6:43pm

Re: *LOW* liner socks
I've been using Injinji socks as liner socks for a couple years now. They're toe socks, which I initially balked at, but love them now. Kind of on the expensive side, at least for me.

In GEAR » *LOW* liner socks
May 21, 12:06pm

Re: Re: Re: Troubling thread...
"Not at all the same as carrying a bite kit, I know, but I'd argue the two attitudes are linked by the same underlying fear." Agreed. :)

In GEAR » Sawyer Extractor Snake Bite Kit - Still Relevant?
May 20, 11:12am

Re: Re: Troubling thread...
"I think if you hiked where I hike, you’d consider the discussion very relevant." Yea, after looking into this (mentioned above) I was told I very easily came within 50 yards of hund...

May 19, 12:18pm

Re: Re: Re: Bomber, Lightweight, Freestanding Tent
"Why don't you return to your cautious world and I continue with my exciting adventerous life and then we'll talk again in 10 years and see who is happier and got the most out of it?&q...

In GEAR » Bomber, Lightweight, Freestanding Tent
May 17, 4:15pm

Re: Took the 'bait.
Ah, man ... I though I could change my name for the post, but when I change it back it updates all the previous posts, too. What I need is a dang camera to substantiate what I'm talking abou...

May 16, 9:19pm

Re: Snakebait.
Fine .... :)

May 16, 9:12pm

All Reader Reviews by TKB 1979

TKB 1979 has posted no reviews.