BPL Community Profile

William Murphy (33972) - BPL Lifetime Member

My Locale William Murphy hasn't told us about their geographical region yet.
About Me AT '06, PCT '09, CDT '10?

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by William Murphy

Showing 1 - 10 of 10 | Page: 1

Forum » Thread

Smaller wood stoves shout out
If not looking for something to heat with, if looking for a cooking stove, look at the bush buddy or the stainless knockoff, solo stove.

In Editor's Roundtable » Backpackable Wood Stoves: Theory and Ultralight Application
February 05, 10:33am

3 stakes one guy line
I came here to say exactly what George Carr already said, but I don't even have a supporting picture. That setup sheds snow well, and if the wind shifts, a golite umbrella across the front (as ...

In Editor's Roundtable » Reader Tips: Best Way to Pitch a Tarp with Fewest Stakes or Guylines
November 14, 3:33pm

These are good wind pants...
I had a pair of these wind pants. Wore them during laundry times on the Hayduke. Also took to wearing them every day on a cdt section this year. The fabric at the inseam wore out after about 50...

In Editor's Roundtable » MontBell Tachyon Anorak and Dynamo Wind Pants Review
November 12, 6:59am

RaIl riders (again)
Hi All, I know it's been mentioned and mostly decided against for the person who started the topic, but for anyone else looking for the perfect pant who doesn't have this exact set of cr...

In GEAR » Perfectionist looking for the perfect hiking pants...
April 11, 7:21am

Nunatak arc alpinist
I have to say I've liked everything about my arc alpinist from nunatak except the price. Then again I only paid once and now have nearly 3000 miles on this bag. Since washing it looks ready for...

In Editor's Roundtable » Ultralight Three-Season Down Mummy-Style Sleeping Bags: State of the Market Report 2010
March 10, 7:26am

Everyone's different, but you asked for opinions...
Hi, Your gear list is very similar to what I took on the PCT in '09. My comments are as follows; 1) throfare shirt was great. After the 5th creek washing, you can "scratch off" ...

In Gear Lists » PCT gear list
January 03, 10:37am

Re: PCT and CDT Guides (Yogi, Wolf) and DVDs
I'm interested in the cdt pkg. Send me payment info if someone else wasn't first. Thanks!

In Gear Swap » PCT and CDT Guides (Yogi, Wolf) and DVDs
December 31, 12:30pm

Maybe not closed or maybe I was lucky...
I do not know if Rodney will make packs for others again, but he just did one for me. Designed was via 20 or so emails with pictures and lots of text. I've only seen pictures so far, I ...

In Editor's Roundtable » A Custom Backpack – Designed by You
December 31, 12:23pm

Chrome dome?
I loved the dome up to mile 700 this year and regretted not having it thru the sierras and again on hat creek rim. Doing the pct next time it will be with me from campo till I send my bear can out ...

In Gear Lists » PCT gear list--help me spend $300
December 24, 9:03am

Cheap source of vapor barrier gloves...
I'm super happy with the gloves typically made by workers at Subway when building sandwiches. They weigh nearly nothing and are an excellent glove-vapor-barrier that is free with purchase of sa...

In Editor's Roundtable » Vapor Barrier Liners
February 18, 2:08pm

All Reader Reviews by William Murphy

William Murphy has posted no reviews.