Subscribe Contribute Advertise Facebook Twitter Instagram Forums Newsletter

BPL Community Profile

Khader Ahmad (337guanacos) - BPL Forum Member

My Locale Pirineos, Sierra de la Demanda
About Me Khader Ahmad has not added a biography yet.
CityLogroño
StateLa Rioja
CountrySpain
My Website URLhttp://www.mayata.org

You cannot send this user a personal message (PM) because they have not specified a PM email address yet.

All Forum Posts by Khader Ahmad

Showing 1 - 10 of 75 | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Forum » Thread

Edil knot
To make an emergency harness you can use the Edil knot, invented or introduced to the climbing world by Alberto Rabadá "Edil" in the fifties : The center (longer than the other tw...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » No Harness?
August 25, 5:22am

Ye olde Trango Plus
I'm still using a pair of LS Trango Plus (all leather) from the past century (resoled twice). If the new Trangos are half as good as mine I would recommend them. But if you really want to find ...

In GEAR » good light mountaineering boots
August 03, 5:21am

ti knives and aluminium stakes
I've got two titanium knives, a cheap paring Spanish knife from Arcos, and the cheapest mission ti knive, the mpu-ti. Both are very sharp and hold the egde better than vg-10, but worse than r-2...

In GEAR » tent stakes/pegs
July 31, 8:08am

beal rando
I use this: http://bealplanet.com/sport/anglais/corde-rando.php More options are 7mm cord or 5.5mm dynema core cord (can be use as an standard fixed rope).

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Lightweight rope
July 29, 12:25pm

Re: Re: meths and wood burning in spain
I couldn't find any reference, alcohol stove aren't mentioned anywhere on the normative, not even wood stoves, so they both are technically legal as only open fires are mentioned. Anyway I ...

In GEAR » European Stove Fuel(s)
July 28, 12:30am

meths and wood burning in spain
The best option for met stoves is medical alcohol, bought in pharmacy or in supermarkets, there are two kinds, one is 96% ethanol plus a bittering ingredient usually bitrex, that's the kind you...

In GEAR » European Stove Fuel(s)
July 27, 3:26am

GR-7
Doing the GR-7 in summer is almost suicide unless you are really used to desert hiking. as an example yesterday in Sevilla was well over 40ºC/104ºF. The GR is doable in winter, but in Sierra N...

In Post-Trip Reports » 5 Weeks Hiking the GR-7 in Southern Spain
July 19, 4:37am

Re: Replacing harness at the same time as a rope?
A harness is built with huge safety margins, but Art is right. That's why I owned several sets of ropes and harnesses when I was a full time climber. The crag set was cheap and was replaced eve...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Climbing harness
June 21, 3:37pm

buying cameras
Two rules on camera purchases: Never spend more than 150$ (buy New Old Stock) Never spend less than 3000$ Cameras/systems between those prices are a waste of money.

In GEAR » Point and shoot camera for backpacking
June 21, 12:18pm

Rope and Harness safety
As always, check with Pit Schubert and Pepi Stückl books, they know better than anyone about climbing safety and accident forensics. And keep away of the swami belt or full body harness for le...

In Mountaineering & Alpinism » Climbing harness
June 21, 12:15pm

All Reader Reviews by Khader Ahmad

Khader Ahmad has posted no reviews.